Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"A Woman without her Man is nothing"



Depending on your own experiences or even how you view me will probably determine how you interpret or think about this title.

This weekend while Candace and I were out in D.C. a older lady came up to us after seeing that we were engaged and said " See I think every man has a rib out there somewhere and when you two walked into the room I could tell you two were together." Then she proceeded after many other words to say, "and Young Man I think you found your rib!"

It is so unique and amazing to me how Christ took the Rib out of the Man to create the Woman, and then births Men out of Women to create this complete circle of life. Therefore, he made us so relational that we need both of us, male and female in order to exist; we are compliments of one another. I'm sure there is a reason why Candace can hold a conversation longer than I can, and there is a reason I think big picture while Candace thinks details; it is needed for us to reach a level of fullness together.

Our Pastor Donnell Jones (Not the singer) put it best to us one day; the Bible says in a marriage two become one not the same, so just like a Nut and a Bolt are two separate individual items, but when put together they make perfect unity. So is a Husband and Wife. You may be asking "How does this all tie back into Sexual Purity?" Well by not giving yourself away before you are married and have made a total commitment to each other, it forces you to not only begin to acknowledge each others’ differences but it also opens up the door for you to be able to appreciate each others’ differences. So for us as individuals, we need to work on our qualities that we will bring to the circle so we can help fulfill. For couples, we should try to focus on what our mate contributes to our fulfillment. Our God is such a relational God and I truly believe he puts people in our lives so we can get extra glimpses of who he really is. So as Candace and I move towards our onedom (if you will, if that's a word), All I can say is

"A Woman, without her, Man is Nothing". or

"A Woman, without her Man, is nothing".

I think both of them fit, you pick.

~ Tommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog brother!! It all comes full circle with those last two sentences.
-Rickey J.

Resh said...

You had me at, "Christ took the Rib out of the Man to create the Woman, and then births Men out of Women to create this complete circle of life." That is amazing. I guess I always knew it worked, but thinkin about the logic of why God designed it that way...that's a whole different revelation!

Thanks for sharing.