Monday, November 10, 2008

His-tory! ..Makes History


“The Worth The Wait Revolution" is having a model call this weekend, where Candace and I will be sharing our testimony. So, If you have a Heart for Sexual purity which I know you do because that’s God’s Heart; and you’re interested in serving and ministering to people Please come out! Check this link for more details. (www.iamworththewait.com)

Over this past week I’ve seen 50 cent Newspaper’s “Worth” go off the charts! So I asked myself: Why is that? For some people it was the historical aspect, others wanted to be able to show their children what they were apart of, and others got the papers because they thought it would be “Worth” a lot of something long down the road. I mean these papers are already going for $200 plus on E-Bay, which I think is pretty tight. But if we can imagine how a newspaper that a day before November 5th or a day after is only “Worth” Picking up a dogs poop can be enhanced by a historical life changing event imagine how much a persons self “Worth” can be enhanced when it is identified with Christ, and “THE HISTORICAL LIFE CHANGING EVENT”. Can we imagine the historical aspect of living the way Christ has called us to live? Can we imagine passing down the Legacy of Sexual Purity to our children, and showing them the way a true marriage is to be displayed? Can we imagine sharing with people not what they think they will be “Worth” down the road but what Christ actually promises we are “Worth” today ? I personally didn’t get this newspaper that could be “Worth” so much in the future, and has so much historical significance, but my Bride to be (Candace) did, so luckily I didn’t miss-out on this historical opportunity but I’m pretty sure I would have been fine without my newspaper. On the contrary, one opportunity I refuse to miss-out on is being apart of “His-tory” and living my life to have a lasting impact on “His-tory”. My questions are who are you letting define your “Worth”? Is it Christ? Or some other outside forces?

~ Tommy

1 comment:

Abisola Okanlawon said...

Man Tommy,

This was really good! I liked how your drew a link to the 'historical newspaper' and how its worth went up due to the fact that Obama made history. I was one of those many standing is a couple of lines to get this "valuable" piece of history. Now imagine if people could realize the significance of adding the value of Christ to their live. The worth He would add to them. This made me think about the legacy I am building in my walk with Christ and what value I will be able to pass down generations ahead. GREAT STUFF !!!