Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who's The Bride?




In Ephesians 5:31-33 Paul states to the Ephesians church, “ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and the two will become one flesh: This is a profound mystery but I am talking about Christ and the Church. However each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself and the wife must respect her husband.”

Every time I read that passage I’m amazed by Paul’s wisdom. Also, every time I read this verse I’m encouraged to become better. A better Man, & a better Fiance' (soon to be Husband.) The more I understand that I’m a part of the church ( Christ's Bride) and I see how he treats his bride (me) the standard I set for myself rises that much higher on how I should treat my Bride. To his Bride he’s always gentle, compassionate, patient, humble, encouraging, and forgiving; he makes his bride pure. That’s the kind of Husband I inspire to be like, I want to be like Christ. I want to treat my Bride the way that Christ treats us; I believe anything else is missing the mark. Although, I know it’s easier said than done I’m willing to try. Every time I’m offended by Candace I begin to hear a small voice in my head that says,“Why or how does she do that to me?” But not even a split moment later I also get a conviction in my Heart from the Holy Spirit that states why and how do you do that to me. Instantly I know I must forgive her and Love her with all my heart. Even though, I still don’t respond as speedy and prompt as I should, this is where I’m growing at in life.

“Although I’m nowhere close to where I need to be. I strive to treat my Bride to be, the same way Christ treats the bride in me.”

How do you want to be like Christ?

~Tommy


No comments: